Senior Research Engineer
Company: Invenia Labs
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Please apply if you love doing research, but love writing
software more, and want to help build an organisation that makes a
positive global impact on society and the environment. The Research
Team at Invenia Labs investigate novel machine learning models and
algorithms to optimise electricity grids, with a view to combating
climate change. Research Software Engineers (RSEs) are members of
the Research Team who specialise in software engineering, to make
these advances possible. RSEs build and maintain scientific
software to enable high quality research. They design and build
tools with a focus on code quality and efficiency. They have a good
understanding of software engineering and design, while also
understanding numerical methods, scientific computing, and
experimental best practices. They may also work directly on
research projects, and are encouraged to participate in the wider
research and development communities. As well as enhancing our
internal tools, the RSE team makes extensive open source
contributions to make life better for researchers everywhere.-- The
RSE team is uniquely placed to bridge the world of software
engineering and research, and is typically involved in many diverse
projects. The team enhances communication between our Research and
Development teams. Role Description
- Design, implement, test, review, debug, and optimise software
for conducting research.
- Assist in the development of algorithms and models in pursuit
of Research goals.
- Spend a majority of time building tools to help others do
- Contribute to the development of high quality investigative
code being used to research new algorithms or to analyse data
- Collaborate with researchers and developers asynchronously
across multiple time zones to meet research goals.
- Engage with the wider JuliaLang and ML community through
attending conferences and seminars. Required Qualifications
- Must have at least 3+ years experience working in a similar
role in the industry setting.
- Experience with numerical programming in Julia, Python, MATLAB,
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistics, probability theory,
- Experience conducting research, either individually or as part
of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation
- Familiarity with project management frameworks. (PMBoK,
PRINCE2, XP, Scrum, or other Agile Methodologies, etc.). Please
note this is an onsite role, and only remote due to current
circumstances until being in the office is safe again. We consider
candidates who are willing to relocate to one of our offices in
either Winnipeg, Canada or Cambridge, UK.
Keywords: Invenia Labs, Cambridge , Senior Research Engineer, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!