Assistant Chief Engineer
Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Posted on: April 8, 2021
location CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, country category Management
Job Description Summary Job Description
- Provides supervision and is responsible for the support of
implementation of all preventive maintenance and repair operations
at the facility.
- Direct or participate in various facility programs and
committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety,
disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
- Formulates, recommends and could implement site specific
policies and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and
- Develops a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling,
recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance and inspecting all
capital and non-capital equipment within the facility. This plan
includes a long-term engineering capital plan.
- Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment
items and provide assistance in formulating long-range equipment
replacement requirements and coordinates actions with
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating and
extraordinary expense budgets as required.
- Plans and schedules services of department. Establishes
standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and
quantity of performance, and evaluates results. Establishes plans
for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and
- Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems,
and employee concerns with supervisors and employees. Encourages
development of habits and behavior for improved performance and
good employee contributions. Direct, train, evaluate, and co-
counsel all engineering personnel, after approved by Director of
- Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are
enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the
facility. Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained
and conforms to safety standards. Promotes good housekeeping
principles and supervises housekeeping details.
- Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast
of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance
- Works with Chief Engineer on plant related and tenant related
- Sets and maintains a professional work environment for
- Must have very good communication skills, follow up, and be
able to multi task several priorities at once while delivering a
high level product to all customers.
- Ensures standards of services and commitment.
- Ensures compliance with safe practices and standards.
- Develops goals for department, staff and self.
- Builds morale and a team approach.
- Complies with employment laws and C&W Services employment
- Supports growth opportunities and potential. SKILLS / EDUCATION
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for
the position of Assistant Chief Engineer. Prefer 10+ years
progressive operations experience.
- Strong employee relation skills, coaching skills and training
- As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for
Stationary Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant
- Preferred: High-rise Fire Safety certification, Haz-Mat
Certification, Indoor Air Quality Certification, and LEED
Certification a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with great follow
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience
required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CLIMB LADDER/STAIRS
- LIFT UP TO 50LBS SAFELY WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.--
- MAY WORK WITH HAZARDOUS MATERIALS AND CHEMICALS (WITH PROPER
PPE) C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative---
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. Email This Job To access this job
from another computer, Email this information to yourself. Cushman
& Wakefield will never ask for payment to process documents, refer
you to a third party to process applications or visas, ask you to
pay costs or otherwise request bank account information or any
other financial information during the recruiting process. Never
provide financial information or send money to anyone suggesting
that they can provide employment at Cushman & Wakefield. If you
suspect you have received a fraudulent request, please contact
CWPhishing@cushwake.com . Cushman & Wakefield takes this matter
seriously and is working closely with the appropriate parties to
effectively address these issues Fueled by ideas, expertise and
dedication across borders and beyond service lines, we create real
estate solutions to prepare our clients for what's next.
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Cambridge , Assistant Chief Engineer, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!