Head of Engineering
Company: Verve Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Verve is building a world-class team to commercialize wearable
solutions that empower the way people move in the world. Our first
product is a lightweight, connected wearable system that can be
worn all day, every day by industry associates to reduce fatigue,
mitigate risk of injury, and augment performance. We are looking
for an experienced and talented individual to drive the growth of
our engineering team. In this role, reporting to the CEO, you will
be leading a team of highly-talented team members that are leaders
in their respective disciplines. If you're an experienced
product-driven engineer with a passion in deploying next-generation
wearable systems protect and empower our workforce, apply! You
- Manage and grow an exceptional multi-disciplinary engineering
team to develop quality products on schedule while meeting cost
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement focusing on
delivering value to customers and being responsive to their
- Define the vision of success for the engineering organization
to achieve Verve's strategic goals and empower the engineering team
to achieve those goals.
- Partner with the CEO and senior leadership to ensure
engineering's vision for success is aligned with the business
- Manage system version roadmap, system requirements, and
timelines across software, hardware, and apparel disciplines.
- Partner with the CEO and senior leadership to influence Verve's
technology vision and product roadmap.
- Develop and manage engineering best practices for product
development, quality assurance, maintenance, and service.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics
- Interface with customers as-needed. You Are (or You Have):
- Are equally comfortable:
- Diving deep into an experimental result, CAD file, or
- Discussing effective hiring practices, performance management,
and organizational structure.
- Experience managing teams of 25+ engineers.
- Experience managing within software and/or hardware
organizations, ideally both.
- Track record of delivering and scaling software and
electromechanical products to customers.
- Continued learning mindset.
- Track record of successful mentoring and growth of direct
- Experience with robotics, hardware/software products for
industrial applications is desired.
- Experience working in fast-paced and dynamic start-up
- Ability to travel to partners and customer sites. We offer:
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in a
fast growing company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Wear robots at work! Verve is dedicated to building a diverse
team of individuals who are committed to contributing to an
inclusive environment. Some of our core values include respect for
all, serving the greater good, and welcoming individuals from
diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. Even if you do not check every box,
but see yourself contributing, please apply. What's your
citizenship / employment eligibility? In 150 characters or fewer,
tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something
that will catch our eye! 150
Keywords: Verve Group, Inc., Cambridge , Head of Engineering, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!