Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry We are seeking a highly
motivated, experienced medicinal chemist with a track record of
invention of novel, impactful chemical matter to join our Medicinal
Chemistry team. Key foci of this role are (1) design and synthesis
of complex, hypothesis-driven molecules based on SAR and other
relevant biological data to advance programs from natural product
lead through clinical candidate nomination, (2) development and
prosecution of medicinal chemistry strategy, and (3) leadership and
mentorship of other scientists. Key to success will be deep
knowledge and leverage of modern synthetic and medicinal chemistry
strategies combined with creativity and urgency to drive our
mission forward. The role also offers an opportunity to collaborate
broadly through our deeply cross-functional research organization.
- Utilize modern medicinal and synthetic chemistry strategies to
design, develop, and execute synthesis of molecules to advance
- Analyze SAR, crystallographic and other relevant biological
data such as PK/PD, bioavailability, and cell permeability to
design and progress new analogues from hit to lead through
- Research current literature to formulate synthetic and
medicinal chemistry strategies. Evaluate and implement new
reactions, techniques, and technologies to advance projects.
- Demonstrate scientific leadership within the program team and
across departments to advance our science.
- Propose targets for and lead / manage synthesis efforts at
- Accurately document experiments and results in laboratory
notebooks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment.
- Prepare and present experimental results, analysis, and plans
in research meetings. Job Requirements
- PhD in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or related field
with 8+ years of industry experience.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in current synthetic methods
and medicinal chemistry strategies, including multiparameter
optimization across potency, selectivity, and ADME properties.
- Well-established track record of conducting innovative drug
discovery research as evidenced through publications and patent
- Experience with both direct and lateral management of other
medicinal and/or synthetic chemists. Experience with management of
CRO resources is a plus.
- Knowledge of and commitment to good laboratory and safety
- Excellent written, organizational and documentation
- Ability to communicate strategy and progress effectively with
colleagues, managers, and senior leadership.
- Spirit of collaborative research and sense of urgency to enable
success in a team environment.
- The successful candidate should be self-motivated, enjoy
working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, and be inspired
by our mission to bring first-in-class medicines to patients who
need them. LifeMine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your
school is not listed above, please specify below:
If your discipline is not listed above, please specify below:
How did you hear about this job? --*
If "other," please specify:
Are you authorized to work in the United States? --*
Keywords: LifeMine, Cambridge , Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry, Education / Teaching , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!