Junior Video Editor/Shooter
Company: EF Education First
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position at EF Go Ahead Tours
Junior Video Editor/ShooterEF Go Ahead Tours
NOTE: Applications without online portfolios will not be
For over 30 years, EF Go Ahead Tours has guided adult travelers
across the globe via carefully crafted group travel itineraries.
Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo
travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping
off their first flight. We believe the best way to learn about the
world is to experience it, and every day we come to work hoping to
help as many people as possible do just that.
As a key member of Go Ahead's in-house creative team, you'll help
bring our company's mission to life by shooting and editing videos
highlighting the inspiring stories of our travelers and staff, the
destinations we visit, and the incredible tour experiences we
craft. Whether you are working from footage that was previously
shot or grabbing a camera to capture new content, you'll take it
all on with passion, excitement, and creativity. This is an
exciting opportunity to use your craft to elevate our brand,
connect with more people, and drive real results. Get ready to make
a big impact at an ever-innovating organization.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience at an agency,
post-house or in-house creative group.
- Have an undeniable passion for all things film and video.
- Are comfortable working with Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere
Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, and have working knowledge of
Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Are equally comfortable working both collaboratively and
independently, guiding a project from conception to completion on
- Have strong editorial chops, and respond positively to feedback
- Work effectively in a team setting, communicating ideas with
clarity and confidence.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable, both aesthetically and
with logistical details. This includes file and server management,
equipment organization, and schedule management.
- Your creativity has no limits, and you're able to produce
quality work on tight budgets with quick turnaround times.
- Know your way around DSLR and video cameras (Sony A7 series,
Canon C-series, etc.), GoPros, and drones, as well as basic audio
- Comfortable with basic audio and lighting setups.
- You're highly literate when it comes to the world of Macs, hard
drives, and servers, and are willing to assist in asset
- Love to learn (and share) new things.
- Have an "I'll figure it out" attitude and approach.
- Get excited about tackling projects you've never done
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope or "cool
factor", as an opportunity.
- Can't stand drama. We believe that positive collaboration makes
the best work and work environment.
- Are the in-house creative group for EF Go Ahead Tours. You can
check out some of our work at efgoaheadtours.com,
instagram.com/goaheadtours/ and youtube.com/goaheadtours
- Sit next to and partner directly with our marketing and
technology partners (well now we just zoom), so that we can keep
things nimble and eliminate the bureaucracy (we strive to make
great work and get it out there for people to experience...instead
of having like 47 meetings about the work before it can go
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can
dream up, all in-house.
- Are flexible, scrappy, and dedicated to building the best
travel brand out there. (We are really just getting started
building this thing.)
- Have big ambitions and want to collaborate with people who are
hungry, curious and relentless about results.
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and
having fun doing it.
- Can't stand drama...although we do like dramas, have you seen
that show on Disnahuluflix+ that everyone is talking about? No?
It's pretty good, you should check it out.
- Are a touch weird...we like to think in a fun way but maybe
it's more like a "fun" way. (You be the judge.)
Reporting to and working with our Senior Video Shooter/Editor and
partnering with copywriters and designers, this person will work on
everything from quick social hits to destination highlight videos,
to our staff travel VLOG series, to pre-departure support and
post-travel engagement. There is a lot we are making that we need
to build on.
In addition, there is the opportunity for the person in this role
to develop and pitch new concepts that tie directly to our
marketing and business strategies, creating content that engages
with current and, especially, future Go Ahead travelers.
There is a balanced mix of diving into the thousands of hours of
footage we have shot over the years and editing together new videos
as well as getting out on the road, wherever that is in the world,
to capture new content.
The person in this role will also have the occasional opportunity
to partner with the other shooter/editors we have across the
business on larger initiatives.
The reason(s) you'll want to work here:
- Work in our North American Headquarters where you'll enjoy
comprehensive professional development, frequent social
programming, and employee-run social groups (including our
"EF-finity" groups: [email protected],[email protected], [email
protected], [email protected] and [email protected]). In addition,
you can expect:
- Paid International Business Travel opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth: robust monthly calendar of
trainings, workshops and TED Talk style sessions
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting
in year two), in addition to 9 paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Market-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, along with
life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by
EF instructors and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF Product Discounts (discounts on travel, international
language schools, childcare with our Au Pair product and more)
- Dependent care, healthcare and commuter Flex Spending Accounts
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to
understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of
people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new
things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally
immersive education programs-focused on language, travel, cultural
exchange, and academics-turn dreams into international
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community
working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries,
all with one shared mission of opening the world through education.
Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about-we welcome you
and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and
belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste,
parental status, identity, experience and everything else that
makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the
world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo,
Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at .
Keywords: EF Education First, Cambridge , Junior Video Editor/Shooter, Advertising , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!