Senior Administrative Assistant BWH NEUROLOGY Shen
Company: Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionThe Shen Laboratory, affiliated with the
Department of Neurology at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard
Medical School, is leading research into elucidating the underlying
mechanisms of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease using genetic
approaches. This important work may lead to novel therapeutic
treatments for these neurodegenerative diseases.
We are seeking a well-organized and highly motivated Senior
Administrative Assistant to provide direct support to the Principal
Investigator (PI), Jie Shen, PhD., and the Shen Laboratory research
staff. This position will provide support to all aspects of the
day-to-day and long-term administrative operations of the
laboratory. The Sr. Admin will serve as the Shen Lab's
representative and interface between the PI, lab staff,
institutional associates, and be responsible for maintaining
schedules and resources.
The ideal candidate is an individual with integrity, a mature and
professional manner, and a positive and helpful nature. They should
have excellent communication, organization, prioritization, project
management, and problem solving capabilities, and a willingness to
rise to new challenges. High proficiency with Mac computers and
Microsoft Office required.
QualificationsPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct support to the Principal Investigator and laboratory
staff in the form of correspondence, copying, filing, faxing and
word processing, Fedex and other clerical duties. Coordination of
calendars, travel, schedules, conferences and meetings and
preparation and tracking of travel and expenses. Order office
supplies for PIs and manage maintenance requests.
- Provide assistance to the Investigator. Responsible for
preparation of administrative sections of grants and continuing
applications, research descriptions, updating biosketches and other
support pages. Creates timelines and works closely with other staff
to ensure completion of key tasks by appropriate target dates.
Responsible for coordinating submission of grant applications or
progress reports for internal approval process and for ensuring
accuracy and completeness of final submission to the sponsor.
Maintains grant database information in "Insight" and appropriate
hard and soft files.
- Acts as primary contact and representative of the Shen
Laboratory for internal and external departments, agencies, and
- Prepares new Data Use Agreements and ensures that renewals are
processed and submitted in a timely manner. Maintains "Insight"
database of Data Use Agreements.
- Prepares and processes Material Transfer Agreements,
Confidentiality Agreements, collaborations, etc., in cooperation
with BWH Research Management staff, the PI, and external
- Drafts job descriptions, sets up interviews and collects
references for new lab personnel. Posts job descriptions internally
at BWH and on external websites. Arranges interviews, and ensures
that all onboarding requirements are met for each new
- Coordinates arrangements for visiting speakers and prospective
candidates to the Center, including travel, hotel and meal
accommodations, distribution of announcements, and expense
reimbursement. Coordinates on-site arrangements for
conferences/meetings or special events sponsored by the PIs.
Coordinates monthly lab meeting, including maintaining and
distributing calendars, and catering.
- Orders laboratory and general office supplies using eBuy
system. Tracks all invoice activity, including generating purchase
orders and following up on unpaid invoices.
- Perform literature searches. Uploads manuscripts to NIH
database. Organizes, maintains and develops office files,
directories, listings, (including grants, manuscripts, reprints,
CV's, ect) as necessary for efficient office operation.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Primary
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field of study related to
science, medicine, or business administration.
- Minimum 3 years similar administrative experience, demonstrated
longevity in past positions, with increasing level of
responsibility and independence required.
- Highly proficient in a Macintosh environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new
applications and software is required. Some experience of database
or web software a plus.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication
- Mature and professional manner, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following
established protocols, and work within systems.
- Strong organizational, coordination and judgment skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of
action within established guidelines.
- Advanced computer skills.
EEO Statement BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing
diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military
service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under
law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are
provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency
in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH), Cambridge , Senior Administrative Assistant BWH NEUROLOGY Shen, Administration, Clerical , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!