Executive Writer, Office of the CEO
Company: Flagship Pioneering
Posted on: August 2, 2022
What if---you could join an organization that creates,
resources, and builds life science bioplatform companies that
invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and
sustainability?Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created
companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius
Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT).
Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique
hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more
than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was
ranked 12th globally on Fortune's "Change the World" list, an
annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and
environmental impact through activities that are part of their core
business strategies.Position SummaryReporting to the Senior Partner
and working closely with the Communications team, the Executive
Writer will help shape and lead on implementing the FSP CEO
positioning strategy. This person will write and create compelling
and accurate communications content across all CEO channels and
ensure the CEO has the support and information he needs to deliver
on his comms activities. Here's How You'll Contribute
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all internal and external
communications from the CEO align with the positioning strategy and
iterate on the strategy as needed with relevant stakeholders, in
close coordination with the communications team and human capital
- Systematically track correspondence and status of requests and
- Manage, in coordination with members of the Office of the CEO,
correspondence and assist the CEO in generating executive-level
communications including correspondence with employees, investors,
foundations, etc., speeches and other formal presentations,
reports, memos, and other printed materials.
- Serve as CEO's liaison on writing projects with other
- Update and ensure alignment of CEO Comms strategy across
internal and external company priorities and company strategy
- In coordination with the corporate development and
communications teams, proactively seek out new opportunities for
CEO comms in key channels in-line with the positioning
- Proactively manage CEO news flow and discuss regularly with CEO
and other stakeholders to ensure targeted and effective editorial
- Improve and adapt communications based on monitoring and
relevant data collected by the external and enterprise comms teams
to ensure maximum engagement and impact with key audiences.
- Work closely with internal and external communications teams to
ensure the CEO is adequately prepared for speaking
- As requested, research topics of interest to the CEO
- In coordination with the Office of Communications, support the
President's active social media presence.
- Working with FSP Communications may draft scripts for events,
ceremonies, and dinners.
- Working closely with the Dir., Media and Exec Operations and
Communications team - ensure the CEO is prepared for public
engagements. Help ensure delivery of timely and useful briefs,
logistical clarity and ease, and effective story-driven
- Support and enable CEO Comms team to proactively manage CEO
news flow and deliver on an effective editorial and content
plan.The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong prioritization skills,
and agility to multi-task and change priorities quickly.
- Must be able to set a professional tone, and level of support
that contributes to a positive work environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills, and emotional maturity a
- Ability to build effective professional relationships with
stakeholders including staff, board members, external partners, and
- Demonstrated pro-active approaches to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure and manage
- Must be able to work independently and proactively,
synchronizing rapidly to anticipate CEO's needs.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to work after hours as
required by the CEO
- Extremely strong Microsoft Office skillsJoining Flagship
Pioneering Will Allow You To
- Make an impact as part of a Fortune "Change the World"
- Be energized by an exciting startup culture
- Surround yourself with inspirational colleagues and
- Support innovative breakthroughs in health care and
- Expand your horizons with opportunities for professional
- Enjoy unparalleled employee benefits and rewards
programsFlagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies:
Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies
(collectively, "FSP") do not accept unsolicited resumes from any
source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes
by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is
strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship
Pioneering's internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted
by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will
automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any
referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Keywords: Flagship Pioneering, Cambridge , Executive Writer, Office of the CEO, Administration, Clerical , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!