Sr Analyst, Cost Accounting
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 16, 2023
About the Job
Sr Analyst of Cost Accounting reports to the Manager/AD of Cost
Accounting and is responsible for inventory and cost accounting
oversight to ensure accurate financial records. The incumbent
leverages strong, detail oriented analytical and problem-solving
skills and the ability to recognize and understand the cross
functional impact of general and cost accounting transactions.
- Work closely with Supply Chain members to track and monitor
inventory movements, scrap, E&O reserves, cycle counts to
ensure internal controls are functioning as designed.
- Complete inventory/cost accounting for month end financial
close: post journal entries, prepare account reconciliations,
inventory flux analysis and reporting, and analyze labor and
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of bills of material, including
changes in the manufacturing processes for existing products by
analyzing variances and creation of bills of material for new
- Partner with Finance and Operations teams to drive process
improvement and cost reductions.
- Develop, analyze, and maintain standard costs for products.
Proactively identify omissions and errors in cost information to
constantly improve standard costs.
- Establish, maintain, and update effective manufacturing cost
allocation and cost classification models with the Finance and
- Assist with the budgeting/forecasting process for cost of goods
sold and gross margin.
- Develop cost estimates for potential new products and projects
in conjunction with the Finance, Purchasing and Operations
- Support Management reporting needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting--
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting
and finance roles with concentration in Management/Cost
- 3+ years of professional work experience working:
- with standard costing
- with inventory controls
- with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and/or SAP
- with FIFO perpetual cost accounting
- analyzing cost related data and models
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple
concurrent initiatives, maintaining one's own workflow amidst
competing priorities, and meeting project deadlines
- Demonstrated organization and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal
communication, collaboration, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while
maintaining a professional demeanor
- Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data
- Commitment to reflect FMI's values: Passion, Patients,
Innovation, and Collaboration
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Cambridge , Sr Analyst, Cost Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!