Company: Flagship Pioneering, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Cambridge, MA USA
Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage
biotechnology company pioneering a novel form of gene therapy by
exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to
create the first re-dosable and targetable viral vector. This
approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent,
non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and
limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics
is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline
of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on
launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived
innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40
groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which
are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and
engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and
sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres
Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius
Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and
Ring Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Controller to join
Finance organization. This role will be key to developing our
strategic financial accounting controls and reporting processes.
The Controller will play an integral role in driving company growth
by streamlining back office operations and providing management
with the analytical support needed to make key business decisions.
The position will entail building strong cross-functional
relationships throughout the organization and translating multiple
assumptions into a balanced Accounting & Reporting plan.
- Provides financial support to the business through the
provision of timely, accurate and meaningful information for
- Responsible for all general accounting functions, including the
monthly financial close processes, technical accounting analysis,
cash runway analysis and budget to actual process.
- Helps to prepare and deliver internal management and board
- Directs decision-making and implementation of significant
finance & administrative business policies, processes and
procedures - preparation for Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) and systems technologies evaluation,
selection, and implementation.
- Analyzes historical results and future projections and suggests
methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Act as the primary liaison to external auditors and manage all
financial audits and reviews.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision and support to all
direct reports and others in the following areas: technical
accounting, general accounting, payroll and accounts payable.
- Create and maintain the closing calendar and ensure completion
by scheduled deadlines.
- Manage equity programs, capitalization tables, options ledger
and related items. Oversee equity accounting and equity
- Build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration
both inside and outside of the Finance & Accounting teams.
- Supervise Accounts Payable, payroll and fixed asset
Lead ad hoc finance projects as required.
Core Competencies Required:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proactive work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines and
collaborate with team members
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally
and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability to translate
financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance
- Effective communicator, with excellent written and verbal
- Exhibit the highest degree of integrity and ethics
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance
- CPA with at least 2 years of experience preferably in a Big 4
- SEC reporting experience, S-1 experience preferred.
- Eight plus years of progressive experience (combined public and
private) with some portion with life science company(s)
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and related ability to research
and resolve complex accounting matters
- Significant experience in accounting operations, monthly close
processes, internal & external financial reporting, internal
controls implementation and SOX compliance
Desire to work in a fast-paced, complex environment
Ring Tx and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies : Ring Tx and its affiliated
Flagship Lab companies (collectively, "FSP") do not accept
unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The
submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing
agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless
contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering's internal Talent
Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence
of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of
FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect
Keywords: Flagship Pioneering, Inc., Cambridge , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!