Head of Finance, Plasma Operating Unit
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the role: Trusted
Advisor: Play an important role as an independent inspiring leader
in providing strategic direction to the Plasma OpU. Promote ideas
across a variety of senior team members and settings and act as an
internal consultant to get results by sharing expertise,
perspectives and knowledge.Solution Architect: Understand how the
Plasma business works and the interdependencies with the Plasma
Derived Therapies Department (PDT BU), including the driven
environment, customer needs, regulatory impacts and market
trajectory. Apply this knowledge and empower teams to co-create
solutions that ensure better performance from an end-to-end value
chain.Connector & Enterprise-wide Thinker: A member of the Plasma
Leadership Team and both GMS & PDT BU Finance Leadership Teams.
Work on an enterprise level across 7+ Plasma manufacturing sites
globally and be an necessary member to ensure agreement from plasma
collection to manufacturing to commercial supply of life-saving
therapies for rare diseases. Be seen as a great collaborator across
the organization and always look for opportunities beyond your own
role and Finance boundary to develop the best solution and decision
for the Plasma OpU and plasma derived therapies.Catalyst & Change
Agent: Build an outstanding Plasma Finance team (30+ direct and
indirect reports), promote their financial capabilities, and
develop the next generation of leaders and subject matter
authorities. Create impactful outcomes that align with GMS / Plasma
OpU / PDT BU's Mission.How you will contribute:
- Lead all Finance function activities for the Plasma OpU,
including business partnering, decision support, planning &
analysis, forecasting, supply chain & logistics and fiduciary &
statutory responsibilities and obligations.
- Deliver high quality insights, integrated decision support,
predictive scenario planning and step-change solutions for the
Plasma OpU, GMS and PDT BU.
- Lead business reviews, challenge the status quo, shape and
- Lead the planning process to accomplish accurate results with
- Create impactful financial analysis and business cases on large
capital investments, network optimization and make/buy
- Oversee statutory reporting and compliance requirements, i.e.,
full compliance with company accounting policies and SOX 302
- Enhance the controls environment and ensure adherence to all
- Participate in collaborative relationships with internal and
external partners across the total value chain.
- Guide Digital Finance programs by working with IT and the
Plasma OpU leadership to automate reporting of necessary financial
metrics and provide "one source of truth" for financial
- Guide accounting policy and process harmonization across the
- Consolidate year-on-year standard cost changes and commentary
for Plasma-derived products, including ownership of plasma cost
- Build a highly motivated team that strives for commitment and
continuous improvement with a strong focus on patient
- Demonstrate the Takeda Leadership Behaviors and bring others
along the change journey.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking finding
creative ways to serve patients, and build trust, reputation, and
- Ability to create the environment that inspires and enables
people to move the organization forward
- Ability to focus on the few priorities and delivers
- Ability to promote the capabilities of the organization for now
and the future
-Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to distil topics or extensive amounts of data into an
executive level story to influence decisions
- Negotiate effectively at senior levels through anticipating and
managing objections and challenges
- Self-starter who is able thrive in a dynamic environment under
short timelines and changing priorities
- Communicate effectively and assertively in high risk or complex
situations to resolve issues and build consensus
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills,
cultivator of collaborative working relationships with teams across
a diverse organization
- Strong business insight, proficiency, and business savvy.
Ability to recognize business and industry trends, proactively
identify potential future challenges, and recommend and build
actions to address.
- Experience with Digital Finance landscape and ability to
improve ways of working
- Ability to build and optimize team to resolve complex problems
including harmonizing a very complex, heterogeneous process, system
and data landscape.
- Ability to reflect the continuous optimization of business
network footprint and support the ambitious growth and achievement
of Plasma OpU Breakthrough Objectives over the LRF horizon.
-What you bring to Takeda:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA
and CPA (or equivalent) are a plus.
- More than 15 years' relevant experience, including demonstrated
ability of manufacturing finance (e.g., manufacturing accounting,
inventory accounting and standard costing).
- Experience with SOX controls and IFRS accounting
- Experience as a global finance partner and leader of global
- Accomplished and curious listener, with an ability to engage
senior collaborators and convey information or points of view in a
precise and concise manner.
- Strong eye for business and ability to lead multiple projects
(e.g., network optimization, shared services center, and system
- Strong analytical skill with validated decision-making
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus across
global cross-functional teams, and ability to interact with senior
levels of management.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal communication,
presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications (Excel,
- Experience with SAP, JD Edwards, and Hyperion Financial Manager
(HFM) is a plus.
-More about us:At Takeda, we are redefining patient care through
the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in
class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company
that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing
work.Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
-Empower our people to shine:Takeda is proud in its commitment to
creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.LocationsZurich, SwitzerlandUSA - MA -
CambridgeWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Cambridge , Head of Finance, Plasma Operating Unit, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!