Senior Manager, Finance Inventory Control
Company: Sarepta Therapeutics
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Sr. Manager, Finance Inventory Control will report directly
to the Associate Director, Finance - Gene Therapy and Manufacturing
Accounting. This individual will play a key role in the development
and maintenance of the product costing system for our RNA base PMO
and PPMO products. He or she will work closely with FP&A and
the Manufacturing Operations teams to improve our demand and
production forecasting process, while developing strategies for
controlling COGS for our commercial and clinical programs. This
person will be self-motivated and will form strategic partnership
with the IT team in our current effort to fully integrate Oracle
Fusion reporting into the inventory & manufacturing close process.
This position is also responsible for leading and guiding the
inventory team during the monthly closing process in ensuring
timely and accurate close, and effective reconciliation of the
inventory sub-ledger for financial reporting. Additionally, this
person will collaborate closely with the Finance R&D team in
ensuring that key processes and policies are in place to properly
track and accrue costs related to ongoing projects and studies. He
or she will also work with our internal and external auditors
during quarterly review and annual audit, and in establishing and
maintaining key internal controls and procedures as it relates to
these areas and inventory.Primary Responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with FP&A, Technical Operations, and Supply
Chain organizations to assist with updating and maintaining the
standard costing and KPI reporting for our RNA and Gene Therapy
products, including performing periodic cost studies in support of
our standard cost model.
- Analyze and verify all financial aspects of inventory
transactions in Oracle.
- Provide insightful analysis of monthly manufacturing variances
and effectively communicate such analysis to operations and senior
- Lead and complete the monthly accounting close process related
to inventory and manufacturing, ensure compliance with U.S.
- Ensure process integrity within inventory, and work directly
with Third Party vendors to ensure accurate monthly reports
- Work with inventory team and Supply Chain to develop and
maintain inventory cycle counting process to improve inventory
- Work within our existing Oracle ERP system and the Oracle Cost
Accounting module, and lead efforts to recommend and implement any
extension and improvement of this system.
- Coordinate with IT department on system issues, maintenance and
developments to improve the cost accounting function and timeliness
- Work with the Technical Accounting group to align our
understanding of contracts and confirm the proper accounting
- Lead in the preparation of internal and external reporting
related to inventory and COGS, including internal monthly reporting
and quarterly reporting to be filed with the SEC and assist in the
external audit functions.
- Maintain outstanding relationships with business partners and
accounting peers to address information reporting needs. Prepare
accounting schedules routinely and as requested for internal and
external reporting requirements, and assist with and ensure
successful quarterly and year-end audits.
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to
manufacturing accounting and ensure SOX compliance
- Maintain and make recommendations to improve our system of
internal accounting controls as they relate to inventory and
- Manage senior accounting staff and delegate work
- Play a key role in physical inventory counting at vendor
- Complete ad-hoc assignments as necessaryDesired Education and
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Accounting/Finance or
similar, CPA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing, inventory/finance
positions of growing responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle OPM Financials module or
other ERP systems
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory and
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP as it applies to a manufacturing
- knowledge of accounting statements and financial reporting
experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals.
- Excellent analytic skills; knowledge of Excel-based modeling
and experience in the use of computer systems.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability
to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work
effectively with personnel throughout the company as well as
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a
team environment to reach a satisfactory resolution.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to motivate and
mentor staff.Candidates must be authorized to work in the
U.S.Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and
benefit package.Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in
Keywords: Sarepta Therapeutics, Cambridge , Senior Manager, Finance Inventory Control, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!