Company: Advanced Functional Fabrics of America
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as
new positions become available.
Innovative---high-tech---revolutionary--- these are just a few of
the characteristics that sets the Advanced Functional Fabrics of
America (AFFOA) team apart from its competitors. As a member of the
National Network of Manufacturing Innovation (NNMI) Institutes,
AFFOA's mission is to lead a Nationwide enterprise for advanced
fiber & fabric technology and manufacturing innovation, enabling
revolutionary new system capabilities through the transformation of
traditional fibers, yarns, and textiles into highly sophisticated
integrated and networked devices and systems. AFFOA's focus is on
defense and commercial applications Essential Duties and
- Process weekly and bi-weekly labor and payroll reports within
Deltek and share bi-weekly with iSolved. Post bi-weekly payroll
journal to Deltek.
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all
aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing
invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank
reconciliations, and documenting loans.
- Assist with transition to Paycom payroll system.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions
to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the
correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Generate payments to vendors on a routine schedule and match
the payments with backup for review by the CFO.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment
inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records
according to company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and
authorization as well as sufficient contracts and
- Maintain a paperless filing system for financial information,
records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of
accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly
- For AP vendors maintain accurate W-9's and process 1099's in
timely and accurate basis.
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Coordinate with other HR, Finance or other professionals when
- Assist in other cyclical processes as needed for Finance
- Provide excellent customer service to all vendors, consultants,
and internal customers Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or
- Three or more years of general accounting experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Highly computer literate with capability in email MS Office,
advanced excel and related business tools.
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills Work
Authorization: Must be a US citizen or a green card holder. EEO
Statement: AFFOA is an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, age, protected veteran status, gender identity,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Other Duties Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Advanced Functional Fabrics of America, Cambridge , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!