Senior Convention Services Manager
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: June 24, 2022
- Meet and/or achieve budgeted banquet food & beverage goals
- Accurately forecast Food & Beverage revenue from groups
- Maintains relationships with past local business to promote and
establish convention business.
- Meets with potential clients in order to detail definite
- Maintains all correspondence related to group clients: group
pick up reports, Banquet event orders, ensure proper billing to
guest folios and master account.
- Ensures that all BEO's and paperwork has been completed
- Responsible for arranging all food & beverage details for
- Works with clients to prepare menus and floor plans and assists
them in other needs
- Coordinates the preparation, presentation, and service of food
and beverage products of functions to ensure highest quality at all
- Monitor the performance of the events through verifications and
analysis of customer satisfaction systems.
- Reviews with all Managers any information of past, present and
- Coordinates functions and activities with other department
heads as appropriate.
- Familiar with group rooms management software (Passkey)
- Manages multiple clients simultaneously
- Adheres to all Sonesta Hotel Safety and Sanitation
- The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel
when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not
necessarily contained in this job description.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest and associates information
and pertinent hotel data.
- Work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production
schedules and timelines.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all
departmental, divisional, and hotel policies, procedures, and
- Read and understand diagrams.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local
attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries
- Review the daily activities, such as:
- House count
- Catering activity
- VIPs/special guests
- Suggestively sell menus that meet the client's needs and
- Where appropriate, entertain clients in the hotel outlets to
sell the hotel facilities. - Make reservations at non-peak times in
order to allow the outlet to provide the best service.
- Adhere to all Accounting policies regarding payment.
- Attend scheduled Sales, Catering, Food and Beverage,
departmental, credit and any other meetings as requested by the
Director or Assistant Director of Catering and to fill in for the
department head when needed.
- Attend daily function meetings to review group needs.
- Any other duties reasonably assigned by the Director of
Conference ServicesSpecial Qualifications, Education or Licenses:
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training
- College degree preferred.
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar position in an upscale
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in
- Knowledge of various food service styles.
- Familiarity with sales and marketing in a hotel
- Comfortable speaking to groups of people.
- Previous guest relations training and experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Catering and Food Service preferred.
Special Qualifications, Education or Licenses (cont'd):
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Delphi.fdc experience a plus. Essential Elements:
- Exert physical effort in transporting up to 30 pounds to and
from work area.
- Reach overhead full arm's length.
- Remain in stationary position for 2-3 hours throughout work
- Ability to move freely within whole hotel area.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.Sonesta
recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the
health and financial security of employees and their families. We
offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical,
Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company
Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and
Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid
Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short
Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks
and Discounts.We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or
federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Cambridge , Senior Convention Services Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!