Sr. Manager, Financial Analysis
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data,
methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the
world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector
partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve
programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data
science and analytics. Mathematica offers our employees competitive
salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the
advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee
stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP
holdings that have increased in tandem with the company's growth
and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent,
employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission,
enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our
financial strength. Read more about our benefits here:
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Financial Analysis. -Under
limited supervision and reporting to the Senior Director FPA, the
Sr. Manager will primarily support the management of the company's
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and the capital investment
budget (including potential acquisition activity). This role will
be responsible for developing financial statements, financial
models and organizational budgets.
- Support the management of the ESOP: enterprise valuation,
industry business and risk assessment.
- Support the capital expenditure funding decisions and analyze
new investment options.
- Help develop and maintain annual operating budget and
forecasts, including development of the budget templates and budget
presentation packages, and maintain ongoing rolling short-term
- Under limited supervision, prepare and review monthly,
quarterly, and annual financial statements, including cash flows.
Improve the current financial reporting structure and help identify
new leading indicators or benchmarks to assess the performance of
- Perform financial analysis, including strategic analysis, to
discern trends in burden overheads, general and administrative
expenses, and profitability margins.
- Help develop financial operational policies and
- Develop presentations for executives and management
- Support the Accounting Department in monthly and annual
financial close activities.
- Perform various ad-hoc financial analyses and industry-related
research to inform senior management in strategic decision
- Actively support the advancement of organizational diversity,
equity, and inclusion efforts, and apply diversity, equity, and
inclusion lens across job responsibilities.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed. Position
Functional Knowledge (Required):
- Knowledge of employee stock ownership plans.
- Extensive experience with investment evaluation methods (DCF,
- Experience with monthly close, quarterly and annual reporting,
and accounting processes.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and government
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities,
demonstrate good personal judgment, and effectively handle tasks
- Demonstrated accuracy, strong organizations skills, and
attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes
simultaneously, under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time.
- Advanced proficiency in budgeting applications (Deltek,
Microsoft, SAP, Planful and so on). Functional Knowledge
- Knowledge of Deltek's suite of products is a plus.
- Experience with government contracting (FAR)
- Experience with instituting change management implementation
strategy and process improvements initiatives.
- Willingness to travel as necessary. Education requirement:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
Administration preferred. Years of Relevant Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a senior financial
- A combination of equivalent education and relevant work
experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Experience in investment banking or Corporate Development a
plus. Certifications: Various federal agencies with whom we
contract require that staff successfully undergo a background
investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on
the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be
required to obtain the requisite security clearance. - Available
locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn,
MD; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Remote In
accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing
guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation
that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation
through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed
health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against
COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical
conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an
accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief,
practice, or observance. This position offers an anticipated annual
base salary range of $95,000-$125,000. This position may be
eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual
performance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected
Keywords: Mathematica, Cambridge , Sr. Manager, Financial Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!