Company: Amylyx Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Amylyx was started in 2013 by two Brown University
undergraduates who proposed a proprietary combination of two known
drugs to treat ALS. In the Fall of 2020, the successful results of
their clinical trial were published in the New England Journal of
Medicine. It showed that patients lived longer and suffered less
decline in neurological functions.
Key milestones in 2021 include:
- Submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and
Drug Administration (FDA) for AMX0035 for the treatment of
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Filed a New Drug Submission (NDS) for AMX0035 for the treatment
of ALS with Health Canada
- Initiating a global Phase 3 clinical trial (Phoenix) with sites
in Europe and the United States in the fourth quarter of 2021
- 100 FTEs and growing strong!
With strong financial backing from Viking Global Investors, Bain
Capital, Belinda Termeer, and Morningside Group and recent
announcements to file for registration in the US and Canada, we are
planning a global launch in ALS, one of the world's largest orphan
diseases with no adequate therapy.
We provide a competitive employee benefits package including stock
options, flexible work options, discretionary time-off,
comprehensive healthcare including dental and vision coverage, and
retirement savings benefits.
Amylyx is seeking a highly motivated professional with public
accounting experience in applying accepted accounting principles
and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate
and timely results and to ensure appropriate accounting control
procedures. The position will be a key member of a cross-functional
accounting team and will report to the Lead, Accounting and
Financial Operations. The individual will be responsible for
critical accounting areas, corporate and business accruals and ad
hoc reporting. This position will have significant interaction with
Amylyx business leaders.
Specifically, we are seeking an individual with the traits listed
- Motivated self-starter who is detailed, results and process
oriented with a focus on effective and efficient improvements
- Organized individual with the ability to manage multiple
priorities while maintaining high performance standards
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills and ability to
work in a highly visible, deadline-oriented position and
- Strong communication and people skills, comfortable working
with a cross functional and collaborative team
- Perform and assist with month end and quarter end close
accounting tasks including preparation of journal entries ensuring
compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure
- Review P&L accounts for proper classifications
- Assistant with month end analytical review of actual versus
- Assist with budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Month-end closing task management to ensure timely and accurate
- Adherence to global SoX control
- Support end-to-end process for developing, recording and
- Assist in the interim and year-end audit process (internal and
- Participate in process improvement activities including
enhancing current financial processes and suggest areas for
- Supports the Senior Management team with various analyses, and
ad hoc project
- Assist in drafting of accounting standard operating procedures
for assigned areas
- Minimum of 5 plus years of experience in public or corporate
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Office Products (advanced
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, master's in
- CPA preferred or with a clear path towards finalizing
Watch this inspirational video of how our Co-founders worked with
Patheon and Thermo Fisher in the early days of starting Amylyx.
To stay connected with us, follow Amylyx Pharmaceuticals on
To return to our website please click here .
Amylyx is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
matters), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Accommodations are available for candidates who require them in our
selection process. If you need an accommodation, please let your
Amylyx Talent Acquisition contact know.
Keywords: Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!