Qualitative Researcher - Financial Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Are you interested in why people think/behave the ways that they
do? Would you enjoy having conversations with people, and then
analyzing the 'whys' that they share to inform real business
decisions? Then, consider joining our team. The Qualitative Analyst
will work with a Senior Qualitative Director (lead moderator) and a
Research Manager (project management/logistics) to support
qualitative projects. They will support all phases of qualitative
research projects from design, to execution, to reporting. Although
an in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry group
(e.g. wealth, banking, insurance) is very helpful, at least a real
interest in the industry with a desire/aptitude to learn quickly is
required. Essential Functions:
- Design support:
- Participate in study design meetings with project team and/or
- Support the proposal/sales process by working with teams to
articulate the approach we recommend that will meet the client's
- Perform secondary research as needed.
- Review screeners for clarity, precision, accuracy, and
thoroughness that will set projects up for successful recruits.
Draft screener questions as-needed.
- Draft portions of discussion guides and stimulus
- Prepare Online Bulletin Board (OBB) platforms for online
- Continuously monitoring quality levels and addressing quality
- Execution support:
- Manage in-person and virtual backrooms.
- Take notes during fieldwork - summaries, identifying
- Co-moderate methods such as OBBs and IDIs, while advancing
moderating skills to be able to tackle more advanced
- Insights/Reporting support:
- Qualitatively analyze research results - extract themes,
generate insights/summaries, etc.
- Extract quotes from qualitative transcripts.
- Draft report sections, most often in PowerPoint, that are
highly consultative in nature, yet also graphically pleasing.
- Support video editing/clipping to be used in deliverables.
- Author marketing / thought leadership pieces such as blog
posts, or assist with whitepapers or conference presentations
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in a field related to the
industry group (e.g. business/commerce, economics) and/or a field
related to qualitative (e.g. sociology, anthropology, marketing,
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in a corporate
setting, preferably with exposure to finances, market analysis,
and/or market research
- Must have experience analyzing market research
- Must have strong written communication skills to be able to
summarize findings and implications for clients
- Must have strong verbal communication skills to help lead
- Must be able to build relationships with internal and external
- Must be skilled in time management and prioritizing to support
multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Understanding of qualitative methods (e.g. focus groups, IDIs,
OBBs, etc.) is desired
- Understanding of qualitative techniques (e.g. laddering,
projectives, etc.) is preferred
- Understanding of quantitative methods (e.g. surveys) is nice to
- Understanding of quantitative techniques (e.g. correlations,
kano, etc.) is nice to have
- Must be proficient in the critical Microsoft software: Office,
PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience with video editing is preferred
Keywords: Escalent, Cambridge , Qualitative Researcher - Financial Services, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!