Company: Civetta Therapeutics
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Location: US-MA-CambridgeID: 2# of Openings : 1Category:
Accounting/FinanceAddress: 650 East Kendall Street
Deerfield Management is an investment management firm committed to
improving healthcare through investment, information and
philanthropy. We have just launched a new company called Civetta
Therapeutics located in Cambridge, MA that was founded by William
Sellers (Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute) and Eric
Fischer (Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School).
We are looking to engage a high-quality team of researchers to
advance new medicines through small molecule intervention targeting
propeller domains with the goal of developing important
therapeutics for cancer and other indications. If you are a
talented life sciences professional that can bring significant
energy, passion and talent to the team, we welcome the opportunity
to consider you for a position in this exciting, new company.
The Controller will be responsible for performing and managing all
aspects of financial operations for Civetta Therapeutics. These
functions will include but not be limited to accounting, reporting,
financial planning and analysis. This role will be highly visible
within the organization and the position will initially report
directly to the CEO. This individual will report operational
results under US GAAP, and ensures internal control compliance,
financial statement and tax compliance for Civetta.
- Provide day-to-day management of accounting activities
including transactions, policies, controls and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete financial records and reporting,
in compliance with legal requirements and US GAAP standards.
- Develop and maintain project accounting process in order to
allocate and report costs based on the company's scientific
programs and/or platform.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet
- Develop and orchestrate annual budgeting and periodic
forecasting processes and deliver variance analysis and other
- Present operating results to leadership team and the Board and
provide recommendations to streamline operations.
- Perform technical accounting research and document conclusions
on accounting treatment for complex issues.
- Responsible for timely month-end close process and preparation
of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Manage federal and state tax compliance including income,
payroll and sales and use tax reporting and filings.
- Manage relationships with outsourced service providers covering
accounting, tax, IT and procurement.
- Oversee the independent valuation and year-end independent
financial statement audit
- Manage cash flow and provide periodic reporting as required to
management and investors.
- Assist with maintenance of the Company's capitalization table
and support all shareholder issues.
- Track all costs related to company's lease and invoice
subtenant for respective share of pass-through costs.
- Serve as liaison to investors and respond to inquiries and
- Other projects and tasks, as assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing
- Excellent business acumen that includes good financial skills,
financial analysis, and budgeting skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills as an organization-wide
strategic planner and in the successful implementation for those
plans, both short and long term
- Personal characteristics which include outstanding verbal and
communication skills on an individual and group basis, excellent
writing skills and a positive demeanor
- High-energy professional with demonstrated self-confidence,
high integrity, and sensitivity to others
- Strong relationship building skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Public accounting and pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, reporting and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate
effectively at all levels within and external to the
- High personal integrity and strong work ethic. Excellent
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced
- Proven record of achieving on-time monthly deliverables in
support of financial close.
- Strong leadership & managerial abilities.
Civetta Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or
citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status,
pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing
genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Civetta Therapeutics, Cambridge , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!